Happy Halloween! We know its a little early, but it feels like we should already be sucking blood while howling like wolves under a crescent moon.
It’s probably just that feeling in the air on the eve of the launch of a podcast that begins a decade long journey.
A tribute to art through comedians and entertainers immersing themselves in Rolling Stone’s 500 Greatest Albums of All Time sharing their lives through the lyrics, the beats, the artists on a track-by-track breakdown.
Concept albums…live from prison…inspiration for the next generation of musicians.
Plus awards and recognition, what tracks made it to the soundtrack, winner of that year’s Oscars? It’s these types of factual gems dropping on a weekly.
The 500 begins on Wednesday morning 6am ET. Before you can say ‘trick or treat’, you’ll have two former roommates, Byron Bowers and Josh Adam Meyers, who once almost got into a fist fight over butter, chopping it up over OutKast, Aquemeni to kick off the series.
When ATL-native Bowers isn’t talking southernplayalisticadillacmuzik with Meyers, he can be seen doing stand-up on TV and playing Meldrick on The Chi on Showtime.
Don’t miss the debut episode of The 500 if you a true OG.
Here’s the schedule through November to wet your appetite:
LAUNCH SCHEDULE (Launch Date: Halloween – October 31st, 2018):
- EPISODE #500 – BYRON BOWERS – OUTKAST “AQUEMENI” – OCT. 31 2018
- EPISODE #499 – RYAN SICKLER – BB KING “LIVE IN COOK COUNTY JAIL” – NOV. 7 2018
- EPISODE #498 – JIM JEFFERIES – THE STONE ROSES (SELF-TITLED) – NOV. 14 2018
- EPISODE #497 – BILL BURR – THE WHITE STRIPES “WHITE BLOOD CELLS” – NOV. 21 2018
- EPISODE #496 – KEVIN NEALON – BOZ SCAGGS (SELF-TITLED) – NOV. 28 2018
Future Guests: Fortune Feimster, Big Jay Oakerson, Gareth Reynolds, Sklar Brothers